Blanshard, Alastair J. L.
Sex: Vice and Love from Antiquity to Modernity
Sex: Vice and Love from Antiquity to Modernity examines the impact that sexual fantasies about the classical world have had on modern Western culture.
- Offers a wealth of information on sex in the Greek and Roman world
- Correlates the study of classical sexuality with modern Western cultures
- Identifies key influential themes in the evolution of erotic discourse from antiquity to modernity
- Presents a serious and thought-provoking topic with great accessibility
Keywords: history of sex, classical reception, Greek sexuality, Roman sexuality, Greek love
- Blanshard, Alastair J. L.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- Litterary Studies
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN