An invaluable reference dedicated to the equine back, providing comprehensive coverage by international specialists. Equine Back Pathology: Diagnosis and Treatment is the first book to explore conditions and problems of the horses back and pelvis, which are often difficult to diagnose and treat. The importance of the horse's back to their function and athletic ability cannot be underestimated. There has been considerable progress in recent years in understanding back problems in the horse, and this book brings together the most recent research.
The book is divided into sections covering:
* the normal anatomy and kinematics of the horse's back
* the approach to investigating suspected back pathology
* diagnosis and treatment of specific conditions
* back pathology in specific sporting disciplines
* complementary therapy and rehabilitation
This book is a vital tool for those engaged in improving the diagnosis and management of all horses with back problems.