Clooney, Francis X.
Comparative Theology: Deep Learning Across Religious Borders
Drawing upon the author’s three decades of work in comparative theology, this is a pertinent and comprehensive introduction to the field, which offers a clear guide to the reader, enabling them to engage in comparative study.
- The author has three decades of experience of work in the field of comparative theology and is ideally placed to write this book
- Today’s increasing religious diversity makes this a pertinent and timely publication
- Unique in the depth of its introduction and explanation of the discipline of ‘comparative theology’
- Provides examples of how comparative theology works in the new global context of human religiosity
- Draws on examples specific to Hindu-Christian studies to show how it is possible to understand more deeply the wider diversity around us.
- Clearly guides the reader, enabling them to engage in comparative study
Keywords: interreligious dialogue, theology of religions, Hindu/Christian studies
- Clooney, Francis X.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 192 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN