The easily referenced outline format allows health practitioners of all levels to understand and apply basic concepts to patient care—perfect for cardiothoracic and general surgery residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, cardiologists, medical students, and critical care nurses involved in the care of both routine and complex cardiac surgery patients.
This comprehensive guide features:
- Detailed presentation addressing all aspects of perioperative care for adult cardiac surgery patients
- Outline format allowing quick access to information
- Chronological approach to patient care starting with diagnostic tests then covering preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care issues
- Additional chapters discussing bleeding, the respiratory, cardiac, and renal subsystems in depth, and aspects of care specific to recovery on the postoperative floor
- Completely updated references
- Extensive illustrations, including NEW figures depicting operative techniques
- 14 helpful appendices covering order and flow sheets, protocols, commonly used drug dosages, and procedures
Practical and accessible, the Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery is the essential reference guide to cardiac surgical patient care.