The American Novel Now
navigates the vast terrain of the American novel since 1980, exploring issues of identity, history, family, nation, and aesthetics, as well as cultural movements and narrative strategies from over seventy different authors and novels.
- Discusses an exceptionally wide-range of authors and novels, from established figures to significant emerging writers
- Toni Morrison, Thomas Pynchon, Louise Erdrich, Don DeLillo, Richard Powers, Kathy Acker and many more
- Explores the range of themes and styles offered in the wealth of contemporary American fiction since 1980, in both mainstream and experimental writings
- Reflects the liveliness and diversity of American fiction in the last thirty years
- Written in a style that makes it ideal for students and scholars, while also accessible for general readers
Keywords: Thomas Pynchon, Louise Erdrich, Don DeLillo, Richard Powers, Kathy Acker, new realism