Baker, G. P.
Wittgenstein: Rules, Grammar and Necessity: Volume 2 of an Analytical Commentary on the Philosophical Investigations, Essays and Exegesis §§185-242
The Second Edition of Wittgenstein: Rules, Grammar and Necessity (the second volume of the landmark analytical commentary on Wittgenstein’s Philosophical Investigations) now includes extensively revised and supplemented coverage of the Wittgenstein's complex and controversial remarks on following rules.
- Includes thoroughly rewritten essays and the addition of one new essay on communitarian and individualist conceptions of rule-following
- Includes a greatly expanded essay on Wittgenstein’s conception of logical, mathematical and metaphysical necessity
- Features updates to the textual exegesis as the result of taking advantage of the search engine for the Bergen edition of the Nachlass
- Reflects the results of scholarly debates on rule-following that have raged over the past 20 years
Keywords: rules, rule-following, grammar, Philosophical Investigations, necessity, private language
- Baker, G. P.
- Hacker, P. M. S.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 392 pages
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN