provides a comprehensive account of health and medical geography and approaches the major themes and key topics from a variety of angles.
- Offers a unique breadth of topics relating to both health and medical geography
- Includes contributions from a range of scholars from rising stars to established, internationally renowned authors
- Provides an up-to-date review of the state of the sub-discipline
- Thematically organized sections offer detailed accounts of specific issues and combine general overviews of the current literature with case study material
- Chapters cover topics at the cutting edge of the sub-discipline, including emerging and re-emerging diseases, the politics of disease, mental and emotional health, landscapes of despair, and the geography of care
Keywords: Human Geography, Illness, medicine, health, healthcare, disease, class, ethnicity, gender, wellbeing, disability, disease ecology