Perioperative Care of the Child explores the role of the nurse in a wide variety of perioperative contexts, including anaesthetics, surgical procedures (including coverage of fetal surgery, endoscopic procedures and care of children with burns), paediatric transplantation, postoperative recovery, and pre- and post-hospital care. This essential resource benefits from an international perspective, with contributions from experienced and highly-specialised clinicians from around the world.
- Essential reading for children’s and perioperative nurses, and others who work in the perioperative area.
- Evidence-based, with clear links to nursing practice.
- Focuses on key skills and knowledge.
- Emphasises patient-centred care.
- Edited by an internationally-regarded children’s nurse.