Earth Surface Processes fits into the literature of the broad holistic discipline of 'Earth System Science.' The author illustrates the physical principles of earth's surface processes and explains the relevant theories by quantitative practical exercises.
- The pioneering textbook on the "new sedimentology"
- One of the first textbooks to adopt the Earth Systems approach to geology, developed at Penn State and Stanford
- Should reinvigorate more traditional courses in physical sedimentology and dynamical sedimentology
- Successfully marries the innovative holistic approach to Earth Systems with the traditional reductionist approach to sedimentary processes
- Explains both the global-scale Earth Surface System and the fluid dynamics and sedimentary transport processes that underlie this
- Quantitative approach is reinforced with worked examples and solutions
- Richly illustrated with original diagrams and a colour plate section