- Basic principles - Focuses students attention on the 'how' and 'why' of the essential analytical tools.
- Vibrant, accessible style provides an easy guide through difficult genetic concepts and techniques.
- Text boxes highlight key questions and timely examples.
- Boxes of key information in each chapter, chapter summaries and extensive references - prompt the student to synthesise and reinforce the chapter material.
- Special reference section addressing a range of model organisms to help provide a particularly relevant context for students' research interests.
Keywords: stateoftheart; genetic; approach; new; underlying principles; modern genetic; book; essential analytical tools; guide; style; concepts; difficult genetic; accessible; easy; segregation; mutation; gene function; chromosome; basics; range; timely, Genetics, Genetics