Fundamental Bacterial Genetics
presents a concise introduction to microbial genetics. The text focuses on one bacterial species, Escherichia coli
, but draws examples from other microbial systems at appropriate points to support the fundamental concepts of molecular genetics. A solid balance of concepts, techniques and applications makes this book an accessible, essential introduction to the theory and practice of fundamental microbial genetics.
- FYI boxes - feature key experiments that lead to what we now know, biographies of key scientists, comparisons with other species and more.
- Study questions - at the end of each chapter, review and test students' knowledge of key chapter concepts.
- Key references - included both at chapter end and in a full reference list at the end of the book.
- Full Chapter on Genomics, Bioinformatics and Proteomics - includes coverage of functional genomics and microarrays.
- Dedicated website – animations, study resources, web research questions and illustrations downloadable for powerpoint files provide students and instructors with an enhanced, interactive experience.