The Science Fiction Handbook
offers a comprehensive and accessible survey of one of the literary world's most fascinating genres.
- Includes separate historical surveys of key subgenres including time-travel narratives, post-apocalyptic and post-disaster narratives and works of utopian and dystopian science fiction
- Each subgenre survey includes an extensive list of relevant critical readings, recommended novels in the subgenre, and recommended films relevant to the subgenre
- Features entries on a number of key science fiction authors and extensive discussion of major science fiction novels or sequences
- Writers and works include Isaac Asimov; Margaret Atwood; George Orwell; Ursula K. Le Guin; The War of the Worlds (1898); Starship Troopers (1959); Mars Trilogy (1993-6); and many more
- A 'Science Fiction Glossary' completes this indispensable Handbook
Keywords: Science Fiction, Sci Fi, Postapocalyptic, Dystopian, Utopian, Atwood, Orwell, Handmaid's Tale