Part one offers a global perspective on health and nursing and addresses the development of nursing knowledge and nursing theory. Part two investigates the underlying need for nursing research, focusing on improving patient care, enhancing care delivery and developing the profession of nursing. Parts three and four provide an overview of quantitative and qualitative research methods, their selection, use and interpretation . The last three parts of the book address key issues in research ethics and provide practical guidance as to how to prepare a research proposal, undertake research, present and publish findings, and translate research into practice.
Improving Health through Nursing Research;
- Is a practical, accessible guide for nurse researchers and nurses with an interest in research
- Draws upon international expertise in nursing research
- Explores research within the international context
- Explores issues at local, national and regional level
- Provides guidelines for developing research
- Includes global examples
This publication in partnership with the International Council of Nurses is the essential resource for nurses seeking to understand research and research utilisation.