The Equine Hospital Manual covers the range of procedures used on hospitalized adult horses and foals from the simple to the advanced. The book is liberally illustrated with photographs and line drawings.
* Basic skills including physical examination, blood collection, and bandaging
* Advanced skills including mechanical ventilation, lung biopsy and cardiac output measurement
* Designing and setting up an equine hospital
* Therapeutic drugs used in horses and their doses
* Nutrition for hospital patients, including TPN and PPN
* Fluid therapy - choices, amounts and pitfalls
* Anaesthesia - equipment, techniques and post-operative care including analgesia
Reflecting the substantial trend in recent years to treat horses in a hospital rather than in the field, this book provides all you need to know whether you have facilities to treat one or one hundred horses.