- Expanded and updated, this second edition includes new chapters on understanding ecosystems and the use of computer models in wildlife management.
- Gives a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of ecology including the latest theories on population dynamics and conservation.
- Reviews practical applications and techniques and how these can be used to formulate realistic objectives with in an ecological framework.
- Examples of real-life management situations from around the world provide a broad perspective on the international problems of conservation.
- Worked examples on CD enable students to practice calculations explained in the text.
Artwork from the book is available to instructors online at www.blackwellpublishing.com/sinclair and by request on CD-ROM.