- Provides a thorough understanding of the genetic basis of biological problems in conservation.
- Uses a balance of data and theory, and basic and applied research, with examples taken from both the animal and plant kingdoms.
- An associated website contains example data sets and software programs to illustrate population genetic processes and methods of data analysis.
- Discussion questions and problems are included at the end of each chapter to aid understanding.
- Features Guest Boxes written by leading people in the field including James F. Crow, Nancy FitzSimmons, Robert C. Lacy, Michael W. Nachman, Michael E. Soule, Andrea Taylor, Loren H. Rieseberg, R.C. Vrijenhoek, Lisette Waits, Robin S. Waples and Andrew Young.
For supplementary information designed to support Conservation and the Genetics of Populations including:
- Downloadable sample chapter
- Answers to questions and problems
- Data sets illustrating problems from the book
- Data analysis software programs
- Website links
- Downloadable artwork and diagrams from the book (also available by request on CD-ROM)
please go to: www.blackwellpublishing.com/allendorf.