Widely regarded as the most authoritative and comprehensive book in its field, the fourth edition of Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics includes new and substantially updated chapters to this highly praised text.
- Extensively updated throughout, this new edition contains substantially expanded chapters on poroelasticity, wave propogation, and subsurface stresses
- Features entirely new chapters on rock fractures and micromechanical models of rock behaviour
- Discusses fundamental concepts such as stress and strain
- Offers a thorough introduction to the subject before expertly delving into a fundamental, self-contained discussion of specific topics
- Unavailable for many years, now back by popular demand.