Packed with new examples and material, this second edition provides a fully up-to-date exploration of the genesis, dynamics, and demise of moral panics and their impacts on the societies in which they take place.
- Packed with updated and recent examples including terrorism, the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Towers, school shootings, flag burning, and the early-2000s resurgence of the “sex slave” scare
- Includes a new chapter on the media, currently regarded as a major component of the moral panic
- Devotes a chapter to addressing criticisms of the first edition as well as the moral panics concept itself
- Written by long-established experts in the field
- Designed to fit both self-contained courses on moral panics and wider courses on deviance