The Nanoscience and Technology of Renewable Biomaterials presents the latest advances in biomass nanotechnology, including leading research from academia and industry, as well as a future vision for the nanotechnology of forest products.
Topics covered include:
- A fundamental review of the relationship between nanotechnology and lignocellulosic biomass
- Characterization methods for biomass on the nanometer scale
- Cellulose, hemicelluloses and lignin as nanoscopic biomaterials-physical features, chemical properties and potential nanoproducts
- Nanoscale surface engineering
- Renewable materials as scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Nanoscopically-controlled drug delivery
This book will be a valuable resource for chemists, chemical engineers, bioscience researchers and materials scientists who are interested in harnessing the nanotechnological features of renewable biomaterials.