Cleopatra and Egypt
This beautifully illustrated new biography of Cleopatra draws on literary, archaeological, and art historical evidence to paint an intimate and compelling portrait of the most famous Queen of Egypt.
- Deconstructs the image of Cleopatra to uncover the complex historical figure behind the myth
- Examines Greek, Roman, and Egyptian representations of Cleopatra
- Considers how she was viewed by her contemporaries and how she presented herself
- Incorporates the author’s recent field work at a temple of Cleopatra in Alexandria
- Beautifully illustrated with over 40 images
- Ashton, Sally-Ann
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 240 pages
- eISBN (PDF)