This book brings together a wealth of scientific findings and ecological knowledge to survey what we have learned about the “Wet Tropics” rainforests of North Queensland, Australia. This interdisciplinary text is the first book to provide such a holistic view of any tropical forest environment, including the social and economic dimensions.
- The most thorough assessment of a tropical forest landscape to date
- Explores significant scientific breakthroughs in areas including conservation genetics, vegetation modeling, agroforestry and revegetation techniques, biodiversity assessment and modeling, impacts of climate change, and the integration of science in natural resource management
- Research achieved, in part, due to the Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Rainforest Ecology and Management (the Rainforest CRC)
- Written by a number of distinguished international experts
- contains chapter summaries and section commentaries