Bioinorganic Photochemistry provides a comprehensive overview of the concepts and reactions fundamental to the field, illustrating important applications in biological, medical and environmental sciences.
Topics covered include:
- Cosmic and environmental photochemistry
- Photochemistry of biologically relevant nanoassemblies
- Molecular aspects of photosynthesis
- Photoinduced electron transfer in biosystems
- Modern therapeutic strategies in photomedicine
The book concludes with an outlook for the future of environmental protection, discussing emerging techniques in the field of pollution abatement, and the potential for bioinorganic photochemistry as a pathway to developing cheap, environmentally friendly sources of energy.
Written as an authoritative guide for researchers involved in the development of bioinorganic photochemical processes, Bioinorganic Photochemistry is also accessible to scientists new to the field, and will be a key reference source for advanced courses in inorganic, and bioinorganic chemistry.