Witschi, Nicolas S.
A Companion to the Literature and Culture of the American West
A Companion to the Literature and Culture of the American West presents a series of essays that explore the historic and contemporary cultural expressions rooted in America's western states.
- Offers a comprehensive approach to the wide range of cultural expressions originating in the west
- Focuses on the intersections, complexities, and challenges found within and between the different historical and cultural groups that define the west's various distinctive regions
- Addresses traditionally familiar icons and ideas about the west (such as cowboys, wide-open spaces, and violence) and their intersections with urbanization and other regional complexities
- Features essays written by many of the leading scholars in western American cultural studies
Keywords: American Literature, 19th Century, 20th Century, African American, Native American, gold rush, cowboys, westerns, Baym, Scharnhorst
- Witschi, Nicolas S.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Page amount
- 576 pages
- Litterary Studies
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN