The Contemporary Global Economy
provides a lively overview of recent turbulence in the world economy, focusing on the dynamics of globalization since the 1980s. It explains the main drivers of economic change and how we are able to discern their effects in the world today.
- A lucid and balanced survey, based on extensive research in data and documents, accessible to the non-specialist
- Written by a renowned specialist in international economic relations with academic and government credentials
- Offers clear and engaging explanations of the main motors of economic change and how we are able to discern their effects in the world today
- The author assumes little knowledge of economic theory or financial markets
- Identifies the challenges for sustainable recovery and economic growth in the years ahead
Keywords: Twentieth Century & Contemporary History, global financial crisis, collapse global market, recession, economic theory, sub-prime mortgages