The Multinational Corporation in China: Controlling Interests
addresses the question of how multinational corporations control and coordinate their worldwide affiliates, with a fascinating inside story on contemporary China.
- Focuses on dynamic management control processes by four large US multinational corporations of their China operations.
- Based on the author’s own research, including personal interviews with senior managers, and discussions with consultants, lawyers, and government officials.
- Reviews internal as well as publicly available company documents, and books, newspapers and periodicals dealing with relevant industries and with China.
- Enables readers to understand how multinational corporations are managed.
- Facilitates the development of a coherent theory of management control.