Transfusion Free Medicine and Surgery provides a comprehensive approach to a new paradigm shift in the field of blood management.
The principles are easy and this platform provides an all-inclusive review of red blood cell production, oxygen delivery, coagulation and the role of blood transfusion in an intensive care setting. Controversial as it may sound, this book opens the door for ethical/legal debates, by putting them into perspective and providing answers to perplexing situations. The economics of blood transfusion and the hidden costs that allude the clinician are also brought into the equation.
Why Buy This Book?
- Provides the groundwork for developing a successful transfusion-free clinical program
- Includes all key issues related to blood products, blood transfusion and transfusion-free medicine and surgery
- Discusses controversial issues associated with this new and fast moving field
- Includes self-assessment questions to help the reader with their continuing professional education and development
Transfusion Free Medicine and Surgery is ideal for:
- Specialists working in transfusion and transfusion-free medicine
- Haematologists in practice and in training
- Anyone involved in any surgical discipline, internal medicine, ICU care or anaesthesia who is interested in this field
Keywords: MEDICAL / Hematology MED038000