This complete guide to ancient Greek rhetoric is exceptional both in its chronological range and the breadth of topics it covers.
- Traces the rise of rhetoric and its uses from Homer to Byzantium.
- Covers wider-ranging topics such as rhetoric's relationship to knowledge, ethics, religion, law, and emotion.
- Incorporates new material giving us fresh insights into how the Greeks saw and used rhetoric.
- Discusses the idea of rhetoric and examines the status of rhetoric studies, present and future.
- All quotations from ancient sources are translated into English.
Keywords: LITERARY CRITICISM / Ancient & Classical LIT004190