- Edited by leading theologian, Alister E. McGrath, this volume brings together a range of readings which act as an introduction to the Christian faith
- Includes 56 readings chosen for their balanced portrayal of chronology, denomination, gender, and theological orientation
- Provides an introduction and analysis of each reading, along with a helpful glossary
- Uses the Apostle’s Creed as an accessible framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation and salvation
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources.
Keywords: readings; accessible; range; theological; introduction; basic; christian; concise overview; viewpoints; important; historical; account; balanced; chosen; collection; act; brings; christian faith, General & Introductory Religion & Theology, Christianity, General & Introductory Religion & Theology, Christianity