- The patient with acute lung injury
- The patient with fever
- The patient with an acute kidney injury
- The patient with long term needs
- The patient with increased intra-abdominal pressure
- The Patient following cardiac surgery
Each chapter develops knowledge of the related physiology/pathophysiology, appropriate nursing interventions that are research/evidence based, technical skills, data interpretation and critical appraisal skills, enabling the reader to apply fundamental knowledge to more complex patient problems. Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice is an essential resource for practitioners faced with complex and challenging patient cases.
Keywords: critical; learning; care nursing; practice; approach; unique; case; central; around; focus; scenarios; patient; critically; example; ill; care; constructed; specific; chapters; expert; skills; knowledge; critical care; range; scenarios, Community Nursing, Community Nursing