This is the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the history of developmental psychology, from the pre-scientific era to the present day.
- Covers the first research published in Germany, America, and France during the late 19th century
- Examines the work and influence of key international scholars in the area
- Incorporates the contributions of psychologists from diverse backgrounds
- Pays attention to the historical research on development in adulthood and old age
- Highlights the relationship between the growth of developmental psychology and renewed interest in child-rearing practices
Keywords: history of psychology, adulthood, old age, childhood, G. Stanley Hall, John Bowlby, adolescents, child-rearing