Flueckiger, Joyce Burkhalter
This innovative introductory textbook explores the central practices and beliefs of Hinduism through contemporary, everyday practice.
Keywords: , Religion, Issues & Current Affairs, Religion, Issues & Current Affairs
- Introduces and contextualizes the rituals, festivals and everyday lived experiences of Hinduism in text and images
- Includes data from the author’s own extensive ethnographic fieldwork in central India (Chhattisgarh), the Deccan Plateau (Hyderabad), and South India (Tirupati)
- Features coverage of Hindu diasporas, including a study of the Hindu community in Atlanta, Georgia
- Each chapter includes case study examples of specific topics related to the practice of Hinduism framed by introductory and contextual material
Hinduism, Trimurti, dharma, theology, religious studies, religion, Puja, Bhakti, religious practice, Divalia, Ganesh, vrats, Hindu tradition, India, diaspora, ethnography, anthropology of religion, Hindu rituals, Hindu festivals
- Flueckiger, Joyce Burkhalter
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Lived Religions
- Page amount
- 256 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN