The Classical Tradition: Art, Literature, Thought presents an authoritative, coherent and wide-ranging guide to the afterlife of Greco-Roman antiquity in later Western cultures and a ground-breaking reinterpretation of large aspects of Western culture as a whole from a classical perspective.
- Features a unique combination of chronological range, cultural scope, coherent argument, and unified analysis
- Written in a lively, engaging, and elegant manner
- Presents an innovative overview of the afterlife of antiquity
- Crosses disciplinary boundaries to make new sense of a rich variety of material, rarely brought together
- Fully illustrated with a mix of color and black & white images
Keywords: Reception of Ancient Greece; Reception of Ancient Rome; Greco-Roman, Latin; Ancient Greek; ancient translation; hermeneutics; ancient culture; foundation of Western culture; Greek Art; Roman Art; influences of Western culture; reference; scholarship; ancient philosophy; ancient politics, Ancient & Classical Literature, Art History & Criticism, Ancient & Classical Literature, Art History & Criticism