Comprising more than 30 substantial essays written by leading scholars, this companion constitutes an exceptionally broad-ranging and in-depth guide to one of America’s greatest poets.
- An exceptionally broad-ranging, in-depth companion to one of America’s greatest poets
- Comprises 35 original essays written by leading scholars in the field
- Makes the best and most up-to-date thinking on Whitman available to students
- Designed to make readers more aware of the social and cultural contexts of Whitman’s work, and of the experimental nature of his writing
- Includes contributions devoted to specific poetry and prose works, a compact biography of the poet, and a bibliography
Keywords: LITERARY CRITICISM / American / General LIT004020