provides an overview of European history during the “long” nineteenth century, from 1789 to 1914.
- Consists of 32 chapters written by leading international scholars.
- Balances coverage of political, diplomatic and international history with discussion of economic, social and cultural concerns.
- Covers both Eastern and Western European states, including Britain.
- Pays considerable attention to smaller countries as well as to the great powers.
- Compares particular phenomena and developments across Europe.
Keywords: HISTORY / Modern / 19th Century HIS037060