A Companion to Narrative Theory
The 35 original essays in A Companion to Narrative Theory constitute the best available introduction to this vital and contested field of humanistic enquiry.
- Comprises 35 original essays written by leading figures in the field
- Includes contributions from pioneers in the field such as Wayne C. Booth, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
- Represents all the major critical approaches to narrative and investigates and debates the relations between them
- Considers narratives in different disciplines, such as law and medicine
- Features analyses of a variety of media, including film, music, and painting
- Designed to be of interest to specialists, yet accessible to readers with little prior knowledge of the field
Keywords: LITERARY CRITICISM / General LIT000000
- Phelan, James
- Rabinowitz, Peter J.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 571 pages
- Litterary Studies
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN