Gender is one of the most important topics in the field of sociology, and as a system of social practices it inspires a multitude of theoretical approaches. The Sociology of Gender
offers an introductory overview of gender theory and research, offering a unique and compelling approach.
- Treats gender as a multilevel system operating at the individual, interactional, and institutional levels.
- Stresses conceptual and theoretical issues in the sociology of gender.
- Offers an accessible yet intellectually sophisticated approach to current gender theory and research.
- Includes pedagogical features designed to encourage critical thinking and debate.
- Closer Look readings at the end of each chapter give a unique perspective on chapter topics by presenting relevant articles by leading scholars.