This unique collection of original essays brings a comparative perspective to issues of social inequality. First-rate sociologists from around the world have contributed to this exciting and rigorous volume, drawing upon their own research in the fields of race and ethnicity, class and inequality, and gender and sexuality.
- Contains original essays by first-rate scholars on issues of social inequalities around the world.
- Features research and examples from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Portugal, Finland, and Japan.
- Reviews research on issues of social inequalities from the fields of race, class, and gender.
- Reflects on methodological issues and the strengths of qualitative research.
- Provides students with an important overview of the development of social stratification studies.
Keywords: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations SOC031000