A Global History of Sexuality provides a provocative, wide-ranging introduction to the history of sexuality from the late eighteenth century to the present day.
- Explores what sexuality has meant in the everyday lives of individuals over the last 200 years
- Organized around four major themes: the formation of sexual identity, the regulation of sexuality by societal norms, the regulation of sexuality by institutions, and the intersection of sexuality with globalization
- Examines the topic from a comparative, global perspective, with well-chosen case studies to illuminate the broader themes
- Includes interdisciplinary contributions from prominent historians, sociologists, anthropologists, and sexuality studies scholars
- Introduces important theoretical concepts in a clear, accessible way
Keywords: Gender & History, Modernity, history, sociology, anthropology, sexuality studies, sexual identities, regulation of sexuality, societal norms, transnational processes, nation-state, imperialism, sex and disease, international migration, sex trafficking, sexuality and media,  , homosexual history, heterosexual history, GLBT history, LGBT history, sex industry, gender history