- An accessible text, focusing on the most well-known genes, developmental processes and taxa.
- Builds logically from developmental genetics and regulatory mechanisms to evolution at different genetic morphological levels.
- Adds major insights from recent genome studies, new evo-devo biology research findings, and a new chapter on models of variation and divergence among closely related species.
- Provides in-depth focus on key concepts through well-developed case studies.
- Features clear, 4-color illustrations and photographs, chapter summaries, references and a glossary.
- Presents the research of Dr. Carroll, a pioneer in the field and the past president of the Society for Developmental Biology.
Keywords: changes; dna; animals; ancestry; common; diverge; control morphology; genes; landmark; author; dr; team; sean; change; morphological; basis; synthesis; genetic; carroll; evolutionary; general principles; biology; first; animal evolution; history, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics