Europe’s Uncertain Path
is an introduction to Europe’s turbulent history from 1814 to 1914. It presents a clear narrative of the major political events, set against the backdrop of social, economic, and cultural change.
- An introduction to Europe’s turbulent history from 1814 to 1914
- Provides students with a solid grounding in the main political events and social changes of the period
- Explains the causes and outcomes of major events: the effect of the emergence of mass politics; the evolution of political ideologies; and the link between foreign and domestic policy
- Offers balanced coverage of Eastern, Western, and Central Europe
- Illustrations, maps, and figures enhance student understanding
Keywords: Social & Cultural History, European nationalism, 19th century, age of empire, Bismarck, 1848 revolutions, long nineteenth century