2. Authorial Relays: Continuing Chrétien’s
Matilda Tomaryn Bruckner
3. Borrowing, Citation, and Authorship in Gautier de Coinci’s
5. The Medieval “Author”: An Idea Whose Time Hadn’t Come?
Stephen G. Nichols
6. From One Mask to Another: The Trials and Tribulations of an Author of Romance at the Time of
7. The Experiencing Self and the Narrating Self in Medieval French Chronicles
8. Neutrality Affects: Froissart and the Practice of Historiographic Authorship
9. Portraits of Authors at the end of the Middle Ages: Tombs in Majesty and Carnivalesque Epitaphs
10. Frontally and in Profile: The Identifying Gesture of the Late Medieval Author
11. Medieval Bestsellers in the Age of Print:
12. What Happened to Medievalists After the Death of the Author?