Part I. General Issues
2. The Dynamics of the Safety Net in Insurance: Trends and Challenges
3. Systemic Risk and the Insurance Industry: Principal Linkages and Dependencies
Martin Eling, David Pankoke
4. Insuring the Financial System against Insurers: A Macroprudential Framework
Aerdt Houben, Hanne Voorden
5. Insurance and Macroprudential Regulation: Conceptual Issues
Marcelo Ramella, Sebastian Dahlen
Part II. Policy-Related Issues
6. Macroprudential Policy: Rationale and Challenges
Piotr J. Szpunar
7. Systemic Risk and Financial Stability in Insurance: Macroprudential Policy Concerns
8. How to Align Microprudential and Macroprudential Supervision in Insurance
9. Macroprudential Policies: What Toolkit for the Insurance Sector?
Rodolfo Wehrhahn, Nadège Jassaud
10. Central Banking, Macroprudential Supervision and Insurance
Donato Masciandaro, Alessio Volpicella
11. The Architecture of Macroprudential Supervision in the EU Regional Model
Part III. Global Issues
12. GSIIs and the Framework for Macroprudential Supervision: Strengthening GSIIs and Reducing the Systemic Risks They Pose
13. The Growing Confusion between Group Supervision and Macroprudential Surveillance in Insurance
14. The Global Macroprudential Set-Up in Insurance: Who Is in Charge?
Sebastian Dahlen, Marcelo Ramella
15. The Misuse of Macroprudential Regulations for Protectionist Purposes: A Real Danger?