1. Introduction—What Kind of an Asset Is Human Capital, How Should It Be Measured, and in What Markets?
Part I. Management
2. Team Composition and Project-Based Organizations: New Perspectives for Human Resource Management
Francesca Vicentini, Paolo Boccardelli
3. The Effect of Virtual Work Environments and Social Systems on Human Capital and Assets
Eugene A. Pierce, Sean W. Hansen
4. Perspectives on Human Capital Initiatives
Part II. Valuation and Risk
5. Models of Human Capital Valuation: A Review with Examples
6. Investments in Human Capital: Elements of Investments, Their Valuation, a True and Fair View of Financial Statements Compiled by Using the Classical Approach, and the Related Financial Performance Ratios
7. Intellectual Capital Efficiency and Corporate Performance: Some Empirical Evidence
Domenico Celenza, Marco Lacchini, Fabrizio Rossi
8. An Assessment of the Accounting Perspective on Intellectual Capital and Some Results from the European Union
Michele Marcantonio, Marco Mattei
9. Human Capital Assessment: A Labor Accounting or a Management Control Perspective?
Paola Demartini, Paola Paoloni