1. Democratizing the Public Space? Ethnic Minority Media in a Glocal Context
Isabelle Rigoni, Eugénie Saitta
Part I. The Internet as a Space of Super-Diversity?
2. Diasporas in Online Spaces: Practices of Self-Representation and Belonging
Olga Guedes Bailey
3. ‘Netizenship’ and Migrants’ Online Mobilization: Transnational Participation and Collective Action in the Digital Era
Part II. Towards a New Public Communicative Space?
4. In the Discourse Laboratory: Migrant Media and the Politics of Migration
5. Migrant Minority Media: Towards a Democratization of the Western Mediascape?
Liliana Suárez Navaz, Alicia Ferrández Ferrer
6. Diasporic Media as the ‘Focus’ of Communicative Networking among Migrants
Cigdem Bozdag, Andreas Hepp, Laura Suna
Part III. Limits and Contradictions of Counter-Hegemonic Resistances
7. Cultural Practices and Media Production: The Case of Bollywood
Daya Kishan Thussu
8. Giving Voice to the Voiceless? The Ambivalent Institutionalization of ‘Minorities’ Alternative Media in Mexico and Israel/Palestine
9. Sourcing and Representation Routines in the Black African Press in the United Kingdom