1. Introduction: Moral Theory and the Idea of a Just War
2. The Justice of Preemption and Preventive War Doctrines
Neta C. Crawford
3. Punitive Intervention: Enforcing Justice or Generating Conflict?
Anthony F. Lang
4. In Humanity’s Name: Democracy and the Right to Wage War
5. The Concept of Proportionality: Old Questions and New Ambiguities
6. Just War? Just Children?
7. Is there a Supreme Emergency Exemption?
8. Security Beyond the State: Cosmopolitanism, Peace and the Role of Just War Theory
9. Forgiveness and Reconciliation in
10. Conclusion: In Defence of Just War Theory