1. Prospects for EU and ASEAN Relations in the 21st Century: Growing Closer Together or Drifting Further Apart?
Daniel Novotny, Clara Portela
Part I. ASEAN and the EU Today
2. The Context of EU-ASEAN Relations: Trials and Tribulations of Regionalism in Post-Cold War Europe and Asia
3. The EU and Non-Traditional Security in Southeast Asia
Part II. (Inter)Regionalism in Danger?
4. Democratisation and Indonesia’s Changing Perceptions of ASEAN and its Alternatives
Marshall Clark, Juliet Pietsch
5. The EU’s Asia Strategy in Trade and Investment: Externalities, Interdependencies and the Prospects for Coordination with ASEAN
Part III. Shifting Perceptions: Can the EU be a Model for ASEAN?
6. The EU in Southeast Asian Public Opinion: Public Diplomacy Case
Natalia Chaban, Lai Suet-yi, Karima Abidat
7. Law and Policy: A Useful Model for ASEAN?
Rachminawati Syngellakis, Anna Syngellakis
8. Energy Security in Southeast Asia: A Role for the EU?
Part IV. EU-ASEAN: Practitioners’ View
9. ASEAN and the EU: Natural Partners
Jan Willem Blankert
10. Bringing Europe and Southeast Asia Closer Through ASEAN and the EU
Ong Keng Yong
11. EU-ASEAN Relations in the 21st Century: In Search for Common Values to Forge a Partnership
12. The EU, ASEAN and the Challenges of the 21st Century: Conclusions and Recommendations