Drawing on more than a decade of inter-disciplinary research, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the available theories, concepts, data and research on new work organizations and the concept of ‘work without boundaries’.
- Explores a concept of work that is not restricted by traditional organizational rules like regular office hours, a single workplace, fixed procedures and limited responsibility
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the available theories, concepts, data and research on new work organizations
- Examines the shift of power away from organizations to make individuals accountable for their own employability and work
- Draws on over a decade of original research into ‘work without boundaries’ in which the authors are key authorities
- Brings together organization theory and work psychology with scholarship from related fields including sociology, social psychology, cognition and psychobiology