This book provides a user-friendly introduction to the qualitative methods most commonly used in the mental health and psychotherapy arena.
- Chapters are written by leading researchers and the editors are experienced qualitative researchers, clinical trainers, and mental health practitioners
- Provides chapter-by-chapter guidance on conducting a qualitative study from across a range of approaches
- Offers guidance on how to review and appraise existing qualitative literature, how to choose the most appropriate method, and how to consider ethical issues
- Demonstrates how specific methods have been applied to questions in mental health research
- Uses examples drawn from recent research, including research with service users, in mental health practice and in psychotherapy