Dyslexia: A Complete Guide for Parents and Those Who Help Them
The new edition of Dyslexia is written for parents of dyslexic children and the professionals who work with them, and provides information on the role parents can play in supporting their dyslexic child. This updated edition contains new material and up-to-date discussions of current research and programs.
- Empowers parents by providing them with strategies for dealing with a wide range of concerns including dyspraxia and dyscalculia
- New sections cover post-school issues, the emotional needs of young people with dyslexia and information on how parents can help at home
- Features information on some of the more popular interventions for dyslexia, and critical evaluations of ‘alternative treatments’
- Includes first–hand accounts of parents’ hopes, successes and setbacks, and extensive lists of organizations and resources
Keywords: Educational & School Psychology
- Reid, Gavin
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 280 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN