Obaidat, Mohammad S.
Pervasive Computing and Networking
With the widespread availability of wireless and mobile networking technologies and the expected convergence of ubiquitous computing with these emerging technologies in the near future, pervasive computing and networking research and applications are among the hot topics on the agenda of researchers working on the next generation of mobile communications and networks.
This book provides a comprehensive guide to selected topics, both ongoing and emerging, in pervasive computing and networking. It contains contributions from high profile researchers and is edited by leading experts in this field. The main topics covered in the book include pervasive computing and systems, pervasive networking security, and pervasive networking and communication.
- Discusses existing and emerging communications and computing models, design architectures, mobile and pervasive wireless applications, technology and research challenges in pervasive computing systems, networking and communications
- Provides detailed discussions of key research challenges and open research issues in the field of autonomic computing and networking
- Offers information on existing experimental studies including case studies, implementation test-beds in industry and academia
- Includes a set of PowerPoint slides for each chapter for instructors adopting it as a textbook
Pervasive Computing and Networking will be an ideal reference for practitioners and researchers working in the areas of communication networking and pervasive computing and networking. It also serves as an excellent textbook for graduate and senior undergraduate courses in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, and information engineering and science.
Keywords: Communication Technology - Networks
- Obaidat, Mohammad S.
- Denko, Mieso
- Woungang, Isaac
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 368 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN